Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Simple Cotton Slip

This is a very simple cotton slip.  It had a real tendency to ravel!!  So I did French seams.



I did a search for a slip pattern to no avail.  Do they not make little cotton slips any more??  

This is a little summer sun dress pattern that I've had and thought it would work...  I would like to find a nice pattern for slips - I'll have to check out the thrift stores for some vintage patterns.

Granddaughter #4 has a beautiful new Christmas dress that has a metallic thread running through it, it sparkles and is so lovely, but she said it was a bit scratchy at the waist.  My thought was a little full slip would be the ticket.

We are going to their house tomorrow.  I'll take it with me and have her try it on so I can attach the should straps in the back where they will fit her.



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful.. I love the simple cotton slips .[When my 4 granddaughters were small,I could not find slips to fit them anywhere. I bought a slip pattern[it has been years ago...they are growing up ---so sad,ha]. I made slips for all of them, for several years. Wonder why slips are not available??????
    Robin, hope you and your family had a blessed and Merry Christmas. Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy, we are having our family Christmas on New Year's this year. It just worked out best for everyone's schedule. So I still have all the presents under the tree. I ended up making one more slip. When I delivered the one pictured my granddaughter informed me that her big sister's dress was a bit scratchy too... ;-) I got busy the very next day and made another one.

      Delete