Thursday, December 22, 2016

A bit of Christmas sewing


We have five granddaughters and they are all getting a new purse for a part of their Christmas.  I found this free tutorial* and thought it would be great.  The two black bags are for our eldest grands 
(9 and 8) I changed the pattern to make it a bit bigger for them.  
These were all made from Fat Quarters.  It was fun to pick out materials and lining.



For 'little-bit', she's 19 months and will love this. Lined in purple and black tiger print.


I made some changes to the pattern for our older girls - they need a bag that's a bit bigger.  These are lined with dark grey with a French script.


These are for the 6 year olds - I think they will like them. You can see the lining in the photo below.  Fun coordinating material is great to find in Fat Quarters.



All cut out, interfaced and ready to be assembled. 

* there were tons of ads and pop-up attempts on this site which was a real bummer but a wonderful tutorial and I dealt with it but just a heads up.

For our grandson, who is now five months old, I made a couple bibs that were also from a free tutorial.  I used velcro instead of snaps.



Not tons of sewing but tons of fun and I think they all will be enjoyed.
Happy sewing!
Robin




No comments:

Post a Comment