Friday, January 10, 2014

Our January Birthday Girl

 
This just looked like spring to me and even though it's January soon it will be spring so our January birthday girl is getting a spring dress.  Hope she likes it!!
 
The pattern goes from size 3 to size 8.  I traced off the size 6 for this dress.  Do others do that too?  At the cost of patters I try to buy multi-sized and then trace the size needed.  Our girls range from size 2 up to 6.  This seems to be the way to stretch my dollars a bit.
 
I am done down to the hem.  I am taking it with me tomorrow when we head up to their house, so yes she will see it before her day, but she is growing by leaps and bounds so need to have her try it on for the hem.
 
I poured over the materials at Hancock Fabric - looking for just the right material. 
 
Loved the daisies..  I was so pleased to find a fun contrast material too.
I've been using cotton for all the girls dresses, PJ's, etc.  I love cotton.  It washes beautifully and if you take it out of the dryer promptly it needs little or no ironing.
Plus it feels good!


 
I'm hoping I can find a periwinkle blue or turquoise sweater to go with the dress to make it usable now while it's still winter.
 
 

 
Hope you are staying warm wherever you are and getting some fun sewing done as well.
Keep your bobbin bobbing,
Robin
 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful.. I love the daisy fabric. I know the birthday girl will be so happy to receive this gift.
    I too, trace the multi size patterns, for my granddkid, since they were all different sizes.. They are about to grow up on me though.ha [My youngest ones are the twins and they are 9, the other girls are 13 and 15].

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad I'm not the only thrifty person out there... I know what you mean about growing up so fast. I can't believe our babies are getting so grown up.

      Delete